1. We're a family-owned, Maori company with an 800 year old heritage that spans back to some of the earliest Maori arrivals to Aotearoa-New Zealand. te Pā's owner Haysley MacDonald whakapapas (traces his ancestry) back to some of the first people to land near the Wairau Bar in Marlborough, close to 800 years ago. His family have lived on the fertile lands in that area ever since, caring for it and using it for everything from cattle grazing, to orchards, to potato farming, and in 2003, Haysley planted vineyards that still form the heart of our wine business today. At a time when many New Zealand wine brands are owned by international corporations, we're really proud to be a Kiwi-owned business!
2. Our wines are made to be enjoyed with food, from yummy cheeses, to BBQ'd or roast meats, to fresh produce like mushrooms and pasta, so you can try our wines at the Food Show and then go and grab some delicious food products to take home with you and pair together.
3. You'll love the quality of our wines; we have close to 500 hectares of vineyards planted across the Marlborough region, so we have close control over how our fruit is grown, looked after, and harvested.
4. 2019 marks our first time at The Food Show! We're so excited to be exhibiting at The Food Show, in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland, for the first time ever. And that takes us to reason 5 you should come and see us...
5. We are proud to be the NEFF Cooking Theatre wine partner, for The Food Show 2019! That's right folks; this year, you'll see our gorgeous wines on stage in the cooking theatre, where some of New Zealand's favourite chefs will be matching our wines to their favourite dishes.
6. If you love what you taste at The Food Show, not only will we be selling wines at the event (for some awesome prices) but our wines are also available nationwide. You can find our wines in New World, Countdown, Pak n Save, Fresh Choice, and a range of wonderful independent liquor stores and restaurants. Remember to ask for our wines in your local store if you can't see them on the shelf so we can get stocked!
7. We create delicious, award-winning wines, that are made sustainably (we're a proud member of Sustainable Wine Growing New Zealand, which is committed to best-practice sustainability in the vineyard). Our wines are easy-drinking, fruit-forward, and perfect for any occasion. Our te Pā range, and our new Reserve Collection, both feature a world-class barrel programme, under the leadership of our winemaker Sam Bennett. We use the best French oak barrels, from just a handful of our most trusted French coopers, to age our premium wines and create a complex, sophisticated flavour profile.
8. And last, but of course not least - why should you come and see te Pā Wines at The Food Show 2019? Because we'll give you good times with great people! We're proud to have our team represented at this awesome event, and our wonderful New Zealand distribution partner Beverage Brothers will be joining us at each event to make sure you have a fun time with us while we pour you some lovely wines to try (and to buy, if you like them).