Give it a try this winter and let us know what you think!
What you need:
- 750ml bottle of Pā Road Pinot Noir (available NZ wide)
- 1 large cinnamon stick, or 2 small ones
- 4 cloves
- 2 strips lemon or orange zest, pared using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tbsp caster sugar, or replace with honey if preferred
How to make it:
- Put the red wine, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, lemon zest and sugar (or honey) in a large pan.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and cool, leaving to infuse for about 30 mins.
- To serve, heat without boiling, and pour into mugs or heatproof glasses.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!