Easter is the perfect time of year to perfect a delicious, but surprisingly simple, signature drink to serve to your guests. And while we are usually wine purists, every now and then we'll make an exception - and this gorgeous wine spritzer is certainly worthy of an exception!
Fun, light, effervescent and easy to make, wine spritzers not only taste great for a party or get-together, but they also make your wine go further, which is always a bonus.
The general rule of thumb with spritzers is to use three parts wine, for every one part club soda / sparkling water. Let's get into it:
- Wine: you can use any aromatic white wine, but we love te Pa Pinot Gris or
tePa Sauvignon Blanc. You could also use a Riesling if you have one in the cellar. Remember, three parts wine, to one part non-alcoholic liquid.
- Top the glass or jug with one part club soda or sparkling water.
- If you've got a sweet tooth, you can always pop one part lemonade in, instead of soda.
- For a fresh and natural twist, you can add in a squeeze of lemon, lime, or grapefruit, and if you like some extra bitter
flavours, try a couple of dashes of lemon and lime bitters.
- If you've got it, a slice of fresh or dehydrated blood orange looks fabulous in the glass.
- We also love adding a few fresh, edible flowers to each finished glass. You can try adding cute pansies, lavender, violet, borage blossoms or even rose petals. This simple addition takes your spritzer to a whole new level (and it looks great for Instagram too).
And there you have it! A simple, refreshing and gorgeous wine spritzer, that is sure to impress your guests this Easter.