This year marks the first time we have entered our wines into the James Suckling New Zealand Tasting Report, as reviewed by Nick Stock (one of Australia's most respected and prolific wine critics).
We are delighted to share these exciting results and tasting notes, with our top six scoring wines all hailing from our flagship te Pā range, and our new te Pā Reserve Collection. To receive six scores of 90 points and over is something our whole team is very proud of. Check out the tasting notes and scores below:
- te Pa 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Oke: Strikingly fresh, toasty-oak aromas here with very attractive grilled hazelnuts, layered into vibrant, rich, tropical-fruit flavors and a smoothly honed palate. Complex and delicious (92 points).
- te Pa Reserve Collection 2018 Hillside Sauvignon Blanc: The intensity and concentration here is striking with a rich, lemon-cream, lime and green passion-fruit core that delivers such long and focused style on the finish (92 points).
- te Pa Reserve Collection 2017 St. Leonard's Chardonnay: There’s a juicy feel here with chalky and fleshy, ripe peaches in abundance. Gently toasty oak weighs in at the finish, adding savory allure (91 points).
- te Pa Reserve Collection 2017 Taylor River Pinot Noir: This has a very smooth, bold and attractively fresh feel with a sturdy core of ripe red and dark fruit and a neatly groomed, richly fruited palate (91 points).
- te Pa 2018 Chardonnay: This chardonnay has aromas of ripe peaches and fragrant poached pears, as well as melon. The palate is succulent with assertive oak that adds spice to the rich, peachy fruit (90 points).
- te Pa 2018 Sauvignon Blanc: This has a gently grassy feel with attractive, apple and pear notes, building to tropical fruit on the palate (90 points).