Recipe: The perfect mulled wine for the colder months
As we head into the cooler months for the Southern Hemisphere, we're dreaming of bunkering down at home, with some warming mulled wine, and a snuggly blanket on the couch.
Have you ever tried mulled wine? We reckon it's the best way to warm your soul in the chillier autumn and winter months, and our popular Pā Road Pinot Noir makes the perfect addition to this gorgeous mulled wine recipe from BBC Good Food (click here for the original recipe).
In fact, mulled wine has become increasingly trendy over the last few years - it's always been popular in Europe, but now it's spreading around the world too as a delicious, warming, fun drink to enjoy in the colder months.
Give it a try this winter and let us know what you think!
What you need:
- 750ml bottle of Pā Road Pinot Noir
- 1 large cinnamon stick, or 2 small ones
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 strips lemon or orange zest, pared using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tbsp caster sugar, or replace with honey if preferred
How to make it:
- Put the red wine, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, lemon zest and sugar (or honey) in a large pan.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and cool, leaving to infuse for about 30 mins.
- To serve, heat without boiling, and pour into mugs or heatproof glasses.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Ready to try your hand at this delicious winter warmer? Explore our award-winning range of red wines today.