Recipe: The perfect mulled wine for the colder months
Autumn and winter are the perfect seasons to bunker down at home, with some warming mulled wine, and a snuggly blanket on the couch.
Have you ever tried mulled wine? We reckon it's the best way to warm your soul in the chillier autumn and winter months, and our popular Pā Road Pinot Noir makes the perfect addition to this gorgeous mulled wine recipe from BBC Good Food (click here for the original recipe).
Give it a try this winter and let us know what you think!
What you need:
- 750ml bottle of Pā Road Pinot Noir
- 1 large cinnamon stick, or 2 small ones
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 strips lemon or orange zest, pared using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tbsp caster sugar, or replace with honey if preferred
How to make it:
- Put the red wine, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, lemon zest and sugar (or honey) in a large pan.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and cool, leaving to infuse for about 30 mins.
- To serve, heat without boiling, and pour into mugs or heatproof glasses.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Explore our award-winning range of red wines today.