te Pā Organic Pinot Noir
Shipping New Zealand wide
Introducing our first ever Certified Organic wine offering
The Wine: The resulting wine is a medium bodied, complex and savoury expression of Organic Marlborough Pinot Noir. Pure fruited with cherry, blackberry and plum leading into nutmeg and oak spice followed by a hint of lavender and fine dusty tannins.
The Vineyard: Raupo Creek; a picturesque, Certified Organic hillside vineyard in Marlborough’s premium Omaka Valley sub-region in the Southern Valleys area. With its heavier, more clay-based soils, and cooler, drier climate, the famed Southern Valley region is renowned for growing Marlborough's most premium Pinot Noir.
The Winemaking: Ripe, handpicked Pinot Noir (clones 115 and 777) was fermented in open top tanks with 15% whole bunch for complexity and spice. Carefully hand plunged twice daily to gently extract flavour and colour then pressed and matured in new (25%) and seasoned French oak for 15 months.
Food Pairing Suggestions: Enjoy this complex Pinot Noir with venison, lamb, mushroom risotto or nutty cheeses.
|Residual Sugar||1 g/L|
|Vineyards||Raupo Creek, Omaka Valley, Southern Valleys, Marlborough|
Awards & Reviews
- Top Wines of 2022, Cameron Douglas, Master Sommelier
- 95 Points & 'Outstanding', Cameron Douglas Master Sommelier
- 5 Stars, 'Best Organic Pinot Noir', Canvas Magazine 'Top Wine Awards of 2022', Yvonne Lorkin
- 94 Points & 5 Stars, Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
- 93 Points & 5 Stars, Candice Chow for Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
- 90 Points, James Suckling
- 90 Points, Recommended, Bob Campbell Master of Wine, The Real Review